Sukulwenkosi Dube-Matutu [email protected]
THE 68th edition of the annual Matabeleland South Agricultural Show opened today with organisers reporting an increase in the number of exhibitors participating in the three-day event.
Running until Saturday, this year’s show is being held under the theme “Unlocking New Opportunities through Collaboration” and has attracted crop and livestock farmers, Government departments, parastatals, seed companies, non-governmental organisations, uniformed forces and funeral parlours, among others.

The show will be officially opened on Saturday by the Minister of State for Matabeleland South Provincial Affairs and Devolution, Cde Albert Nguluvhe.
The annual event provides farmers from across the province with a platform to exhibit their produce and livestock, while Government departments and organisations showcase their services and products.
Matabeleland South Agricultural Show Society president Ms Sheron Dewa said the response from exhibitors had been encouraging, with several new participants joining the event this year.

“Our exhibitors are drawn from all the seven districts from the province and beyond. We are excited by the response from the farmers, both crop and livestock, across the province,” she said.
Ms Dewa said the show would also focus on strengthening collaboration and partnerships to create new business opportunities.

“We still have our traditional exhibitors such as Government departments, banks, parastatals, livestock and crop farmers, among others. A lot of entertainment is lined up from various performers, both local and regional. There will be entertainment and games for children,” she said.
The agricultural show is expected to provide a platform for farmers, businesses and other stakeholders to network, exchange ideas and explore opportunities for collaboration, while promoting agricultural production and investment in Matabeleland South.



