‘Pedro’s move not a victory’

LONDON. — Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says his purchase of Pedro does not represent a victory over Manchester United. The Spanish international left Barcelona for Stamford Bridge in a £21.4m deal on Thursday, ending a summer of speculation which had him linked predominantly with United.

Old Trafford chief executive Ed Woodward flew to Spain to hold talks with Pedro but manager Louis van Gaal has distanced himself and the club from reports that a deal had been imminent.

Instead of celebrating securing the deal as a win over a Premier League rival, Mourinho chose instead to focus on the ambition Pedro showed by leaving a club with which he has such a strong bond.

“This week we got a very good young left-back (Baba Rahman, who signed from Augsburg) with potential and one of the best attacking players in the world,” said Mourinho. — Sky Sports.

Related Posts

Minister Soda leads Zimbabwean delegation at China-Africa Media Cooperation Forum

Freeman Razemba Senior Reporter Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services Minister Dr Zhemu Soda is leading the Zimbabwe Delegation that is attending the 7th forum on China-Africa Media Cooperation in China,…

ZNCC chief says COMESA Summit must catalyse regional trade

Kudzanai Sharara in Port Louis, Mauritius The Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce (ZNCC) has said the upcoming COMESA Heads of State and Government Summit, to be hosted by Zimbabwe in…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *