Danisa Masuku, [email protected]
THREE men accused of stabbing a Bulawayo man twice in the stomach, leaving his intestines protruding, before robbing him of US$3 200 have appeared in court.
Ayanda Ndebele (27), Alec Chayambuka (25) and Justice Chayambuka (28) appeared before
Bulawayo regional magistrate Mr Mark Dzira on Friday facing robbery charges.
They were not asked to plead and were remanded in custody to August 27.

The trio is represented by Mr Simbarashe Innocent Madzivire of Mashayamombe Law Firm.
Prosecuting, Ms Rumbidzai Gwishiri told the court that on July 17 at around 9PM, the accused allegedly attacked the complainant as he walked home from a local nightspot at the corner of 8th
Avenue and Lobengula Street in Bulawayo.
The court heard that the complainant was in the company of an unidentified woman when the trio allegedly confronted him and stabbed him with a knife.
“They stabbed him twice on the stomach and once at the back of the head before forcibly taking his black sling bag. The bag contained US$3 200 cash, the complainant’s national identity card and a birth certificate,” said Ms Gwishiri.
The accused fled towards Ross Camp after the attack.
The complainant sustained two deep stab wounds to the stomach, resulting in his intestines protruding, as well as a cut to the back of his head.
He was rushed to Mpilo Central Hospital by ambulance, where he was admitted for five days before being discharged.
The State is relying on, among other evidence, the account of a street vendor who allegedly witnessed the attack.
Mr Bandile Moyo told the court that he was at his vending stall near the entrance of a local hotel when he saw the accused persons standing a few metres away.
He said the complainant had bought some items from his stall earlier that evening.
“I recall on July 17 this year at around 8PM, I was at my vending stall at the gate of a local hotel when I observed the accused persons standing a few metres from where I was selling my products.
The complainant also bought some items from me on the day in question,” he said.
Mr Moyo said he later saw the complainant leaving the bar in the company of a woman whom he recognised as a regular patron but did not know by name.
“The complainant was in the company of a woman whom I do not know by name but is also a regular patron at the bar. They were walking towards 6th Avenue. I then observed the accused persons following behind the complainant,” he said.
The court heard that one of the accused allegedly moved between the complainant and the woman, resulting in a scuffle.
Mr Moyo said another accused then joined the confrontation before the group ran along 8th Avenue towards Ross Camp.
The State alleges that the accused forcibly took the complainant’s sling bag during the attack before fleeing from the scene.
The complainant’s national identity card and birth certificate were also allegedly stolen in the incident.



