Advantage Simba Bhora . . . DeMbare prioritise PSL survival

Bruce Chikuni-Sports Reporter

DYNAMOS will be giving priority to surviving relegation in the Premier Soccer instead of pursuing glory in the Chibuku Super Cup.

This is despite overcoming Yadah via a penalty shootout in yesterday’s preliminary round match at Ngoni Stadium.

New gaffer Kevin Kaindu propelled defending champions Dynamos into the first round of the where they will face Simba Bhora at Wadzanai Stadium on Saturday.

However, assistant coach Thomas Ruzive told journalists that their priority is to help Dynamos stage a miraculous escape from relegation as they lie second from bottom with just 10 matches remaining.

It was a goalless draw in the regulation time and DeMbare won 4-3 during the penalty shootout.

Interestingly Dynamos and Simba Bhora will clash for the fourth time in this campaign having played twice in the Castle Lager Premiership fixtures and once in the Castle Challenge Cup earlier this season.

Dynamos have won two of those three fixtures and their only loss cane at Wadzanai where they registered a 0-1 loss at the death.

Simba Bhora are still yet to test a defeat at this venue in this campaign.

Dynamos boss Bernard Marriot was in attendance when his team floored Yadah who had no one but themselves to blame for this defeat as they missed numerous clear cut chances.

The first real chance fell on Dynamos’s way but Wisdom Mutasa failed to direct his shot from close range in the 14th minute.

Yadah came close six minutes later but DeMbare keeper, Prince Tafiremutsa denied Evans Rusike with a stunning save.

The Miracle Boys enjoyed a lion’s share of possession in the first 45 minutes.

Dynamos introduced Denver Mukamba just after the restart in their bid to find the goal that would take them to Shamva.

And, Mukamba nearly answered that prayer in the hour mark but Yadah goalkeeper Taimon Mvula refused to be beaten at the near post.

That was Mukamba’s meaningful contribution as he was well pocketed by the Miracle Boys midfield department.

Dynamos played a mind game as they replaced impressive Tafiremutsa with four minutes from  regulation time as both sides looked prepared to end the match on the penalty shootout. Makoni was immediately called into action as he denied Ryan Ncube who was left unmarked leaving him with only the goalie in sight.

Yadah played a similar card as they replaced Mvula with Godknows Gurure to inject confidence which might have been  lost when Ncube missed the best chance of the game.

But, it was Dynamos who celebrated after the dreaded shoutout which also Mukamba missing from the spot. Yadah coach Takaendesa Jongwe said it was unfortunate that they were eliminated as they had given it their all but missed chances that came their way.

Jongwe thought it was unfair to lose to a team that had just two shots at goal for the entire 90 minutes. He however, denied suggestions that they decided to forgo the Chibuku Super Cup to concentrate on the relegation battle in the league.

Related Posts

Bulawayo man in court for assaulting estranged wife, damaging property

  Getrude Manyande [email protected] A 29-YEAR-OLD Bulawayo man has appeared in court on allegations of assaulting his estranged wife on two occasions and damaging her property after accusing her of…

RELIEF FOR CHIEF MURINYE AS COURT DISMISSES EXTORTION CHARGES IN CASE RELATED TO RIVERTON ACADEMY. . . Court dismisses claims the chief allegedly demanded free education for his kids at Riverton Academy INDEFINITELY. . . The allegations, which were dismissed, claimed the chief also wanted a guarantee for free education for his unborn kids . . .Court dismisses claims the chief also demanded that the Riverton Academy owner should electrify his entire homestead

Zvikomborero Parafini MASVINGO traditional leader Chief Murinye has been acquitted of extortion charges which, among other things, included claims that he demanded free education for his children at Riverton Academy…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *