Cuthbert aborts Mash East tour

Gilbert Munetsi in MARONDERA
ZIFA president Cuthbert Dube’s scheduled tour of Mashonaland East yesterday left the hosts counting their losses after it was aborted at the last minute.

Jonathan Mashingaidze, the ZIFA chief executive, sent an e-mail to provincial secretary/board member Brian Chihuri at 3:25pm yesterday, confirming Dube would not be coming, even though the meeting had been scheduled for 14:2pm.

Some of the delegates had travelled from Nyamapanda.

“Zifa hereby regrets to inform you of the unforeseen postponement of the President’s tour of Mashonaland East scheduled for today.

“The postponement has been occasioned by an urgent meeting to do with the 2015 African Games which we have to attend today.

“New dates of the tour will be communicated to your esteemed office and persons. Meanwhile, the Association would like to profusely apologise for any inconveniences caused by the last minute postponement of this very important meeting,” said Mashingaidze in his e-mail.

Provincial chairman David Mpuli and his staff were holed up in their offices trying to spread word around about the cancellation of the indaba.

Marondera was yesterday supposed to host the second of a series of country-wide tours whose agenda was evidently to alter the minds of the ZIFA Assembly when they converge for the decisive indaba on October 3 whose main object is to revoke the mandate of the game’s leadership.

Zimbabwe will, for the first time since independence, miss the World Cup owing to failure by the Association to pay former Warriors coach Valinhos his dues.

Dube’s tour, which began with Harare province at the Raylton on Saturday, is expected to end on September 26.

Related Posts

‘We’ll tackle Zim challenges head-on . . . ’Govt adjusts to needs of times: President

Wallace Ruzvidzo Herald Reporter THE Second Republic will confront, transparently and decisively, the challenges Zimbabweans face in the country’s next chapter of national development, President Mnangagwa has said. In a…

President arrives in Johannesburg for fourth Zim-SA BNC

Nduduzo Tshuma in JOHANNESBURG, South Africa PRESIDENT Mnangagwa arrived here yesterday ahead of today’s Heads of State Summit of the Fourth Session of the Zimbabwe-South Africa Bi-National Commission (BNC), the…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *