FAKE BUJU SHOW

Trust Khosa

MUSIC promoters, artists and arts regulatory chiefs, yesterday professed ignorance over Buju Banton’s purported show at the National Sports Stadium on May 24.

They said it was all fake.

Dubbed “Buried Alive Concert”, the reggae star’s fake Harare show fliers bear the names of fellow Jamaican artists    Beres Hammond, Wayne Wonder and Koffee —  as part of the line-up.

Ghanaian reggae star Stoney Bwoy’s name has also been included in the fake flier.

Locally, top dancehall sound, Judgement   Yard and two emcees — Godfatha Templeman and Abisha Palmer — whose names have been included in the line-up, professed ignorance.

Speaking to H-Metro, a top promoter, who preferred anonymity, dismissed the purported show as fake.

“As one of the top promoters in Zimbabwe, I haven’t heard about that show because we always deliberate amongst ourselves when there is a big show or international act.

“I think that someone is trying to sabotage the UB40 show to be held on May 25 in Harare on the same weekend. A show of Buju’s calibre requires proper planning and marketing because he comes with a lot of costs.”

He added: “We all know that local fans want to see Buju Banton but circulating fake stuff is not proper for all the parties involved in promotion.

“These scammers should be arrested if they are known because we can’t afford to mislead people by circulating such stuff to the public domain.

“Again it’s impossible for the National Arts Council of Zimbabwe to clear such high-profile shows in a space of 24 hours in the city.”

Templeman said: “I have seen the flier  and up to now people  have been calling me enquiring about the show, which I don’t know.

“I don’t even know the name of the said promoter and it’s indeed a scam for people to act like this.

“I suspect there is someone who is trying to sabotage genuine promoters with their own shows.

“By the way, the same thing happened last year where fliers circulated a fake Buju Banton show.”

Fellow emcee and radio personality, Abisha, distanced himself from the show. “To be honest, this is a scam, I don’t know anything about this particular show. People must not believe everything they see or hear on social media. In my case, I only allow a promoter to include my name on the poster when everything has been done.”

A representative from NACZ dismissed the show as fake.

“We never had anyone applying to promote that concert.”  According to Buju’s management, GaaMel Music, the top chanter has three confirmed shows in May in Trinidad, St Lucia and in the Bahamas.

Related Posts

RELIEF FOR CHIEF MURINYE AS COURT DISMISSES EXTORTION CHARGES IN CASE RELATED TO RIVERTON ACADEMY. . . Court dismisses claims the chief allegedly demanded free education for his kids at Riverton Academy INDEFINITELY. . . The allegations, which were dismissed, claimed the chief also wanted a guarantee for free education for his unborn kids . . .Court dismisses claims the chief also demanded that the Riverton Academy owner should electrify his entire homestead

Zvikomborero Parafini MASVINGO traditional leader Chief Murinye has been acquitted of extortion charges which, among other things, included claims that he demanded free education for his children at Riverton Academy…

Tragic argument over cigarette results in loss of life

Arron Nyamayaro A 32-year-old nurse was on Tuesday stabbed to death by his brother after a row over a cigarette. The incident happened in Chitungwiza. Tatenda Mupanduki, a nurse at…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *