Harare water supplies to be disrupted

Municipal Correspondent

WATER supplies across Harare will be disrupted from Friday morning to Sunday evening as the City of Harare undertakes urgent repairs and maintenance at key water facilities.

In a notice issued today, council said the disruption would run from 6am on Friday, August 21, to 6pm on Sunday, August 23, 2026.

“The City of Harare wishes to advise residents and stakeholders that the planned water supply disruption previously scheduled for August 14 to 16, 2026 has been postponed to this week,” council said.

The shutdown will involve a partial closure of Morton Jaffray Water Works and a total shutdown of Warren Control Pump Station to facilitate repairs to leaks and cleaning of reservoirs.

“This is due to a partial shutdown at Morton Jaffray Water Works and a total shutdown of Warren Control Pump Station to allow for urgent repair of leaks and reservoir cleaning at both facilities,” council said.

“Consequently, water supply to the entire City of Harare will be affected during this period.”

Council urged residents to make preparations by storing adequate water before the shutdown begins.

“Residents are urged to store enough water in clean, covered containers before Friday morning and to use water sparingly during the shutdown period,” the local authority said.

Normal water supplies are expected to resume at 6 pm on Sunday once the works have been completed.

“Normal water supply is expected to resume on Sunday, 23 August 2026 at 6 pm upon completion of the works,” the council said.

Residents requiring updates or emergency assistance can contact the Harare Water Call Centre on 0242-791665 or 0242-791101.

The local authority apologised to residents for the inconvenience caused.

 

 

Related Posts

Magistrate rejects US$1 796 maintenance claim as excessive

Sharon Jiyamwa Online Reporter A HARARE woman’s claim for US$1 796 in monthly maintenance for her three children was rejected by a magistrate today after the amount was deemed excessive.…

Parirenyatwa gains world-class maternity upgrades

Obey Musiwa Herald Reporter MBUYA Nehanda Maternity Ward at Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals is now matching world-class standards after undergoing extensive refurbishment under the Presidential Hospital Renovation Programme, which is…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *