Zifa make adjustments to Covid-19 relief funds distribution

Mehluli Sibanda, Senior Sports Reporter
THE Zimbabwe Football Association has revised allocation of Covid-19 relief funds, with amplified assistance for the regions as well as provinces while the Premier Soccer League office allocation has been reduced.

In a statement sent out on Tuesday after the association’s board meeting on Monday, Zifa said following engagements with affiliates, the distribution had been adjusted. The Zifa leadership also resolved to continue engaging affiliates and stakeholders for the development and growth of football in the country.

“Following consultations with affiliates, Covid-19 relief allocations have been revised and will be distributed as per attached schedule,’’ read part of the statement from Zifa.

According to the amended schedule, the PSL office provision has been reduced to US$10 000, regions have had their relief increased from US$100 000 to US$124 000. The four regions had already been allocated an equivalent of US$25 000 each, which was paid at the prevailing auction rate at the time last month.

Furthermore, provinces have had their portion improved from US$100 000 to US$160 000, the Zimbabwe Women Soccer League office disbursement went up from US$10 000 to US$15 000 while PSL second tranche of US$66 000 has replaced by referee fees from Division One to Division Four.

Zifa said the contingent balance of USD unallocated is meant to cover future unanticipated urgent areas which may in the near future require intervention.

The national association is set to receive a total of US$1,8 million in Covid-19 relief funding, with $1,5 million to come from Fifa and $300 000 from the Confederation of African Football. Of the $1,5 from Fifa, US$500 000 is specifically for women’s football.

@Mdawini_29

Related Posts

ZNCC, Mauritius chamber sign MoU to boost trade and investment

Sikhulekelani Moyo [email protected] THE Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce (ZNCC) and the Mauritius Chamber of Commerce and Industry have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at strengthening trade, investment…

Matabeleland South Agricultural Show opens with increased exhibitor turnout

Sukulwenkosi Dube-Matutu [email protected] THE 68th edition of the annual Matabeleland South Agricultural Show opened today with organisers reporting an increase in the number of exhibitors participating in the three-day event.…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *